Thursday, June 23, 2011

New version

The new update is here - I've finished the first draft of the last chapter, and I've been working on the index. I've fixed about a thousand errors spread throughout the book since the last version as well. Since then someone posted a link here on a bulletin board and about 5000 people hit this site. If the download fails just wait a bit and try again. UCL's servers are pretty good and you'll definitely get a copy. Please don't torrent or repost to the internet; this is always going to be downloadable for free and I don't want half-baked versions out there. I'm updating this on a day to day basis and there's still a lot of mistakes in it.

The download is huge because I made the figures in Inkscape and it can't produce compressed PDFs. If anyone knows how to solve this problem, I'd be happy to hear about it...

Update - this is partially resolved now. I managed to compress it a bit using Quartz filters on the MAC without losing too much quality. Now its a mere 150Mb.

No comments:

Post a Comment